Do you ever look back at those nights and days youâ€™d spend camping in the middle of the woods, back when you were young and had no responsibilities? Such good times those were!
Now that your family has grown and you have a little one you have to keep an eye, going camping might seem too exhausting or too dangerous for your child.
But hereâ€™s the truth: going camping with your kid can be super safe and fun, as long as you have all the gear you need!
One piece of equipment thatâ€™ll definitely make your camping trip a lot more relaxing is a portable high chair, so before you head to the woods, itâ€™s probably a good idea to purchase one. If you donâ€™t know what to look for in camping high chairs, donâ€™t worry: weâ€™re here to help you as usual!
Find the Best Baby Camping Gear for Your Kids
What Is the Best Portable High Chair?
The most important thing to consider when looking for a high chair is your babyâ€™s safety. After all, theyâ€™ll be in a different environment than usual and, curious as kids are, theyâ€™ll probably want to explore everything.
With a high chair, you can have a lot more peace of mind while youâ€™re in your first family camping adventure.
So, hereâ€™s what you should look for in a portable high chair:
- Safety. The chair should be stable and the straps should be strong and difficult for the baby to undo.
- Set up. It should be easy for you to set up the chair.
- Packed size and weight. Just like with many other camping pieces of equipment, itâ€™s better to go for a chair thatâ€™s not too big and heavy.
- Size of the baby. Your baby needs to be comfortable in the chair, sÃ³ you need to check that the chair youâ€™re considering is appropriate considering the size of your child.
Are High Chairs Safe?
Hereâ€™s the quick answer: yes, as long as you buy a good one.
Now that you know what to look for in a portable high chair, it wonâ€™t be difficult for you to find one thatâ€™ll guarantee comfort and safety for your baby. So, as with anything youâ€™ve purchased for your little one, the secret to complete security is going for a high-quality product. Even if you end up spending a bit more than you were planning, itâ€™s definitely an investment thatâ€™s worth it.
Does a High Chair Need a Footrest?
A footrest can be a pleasant extra for the comfort of your child. Hereâ€™s why: when theyâ€™re sitting on a high chair, their feet donâ€™t touch the floor. Without a place to rest their little feet, your child will probably start looking for more balance. In other words, thereâ€™s a high chance that theyâ€™ll be moving their little legs a lot more, which isnâ€™t the point of putting them in the chair.
So, our advice is that you look for a chair that has a place for the little one to have their feet, even if it isnâ€™t a proper footrest. But if you canâ€™t find one like that, donâ€™t worry, the footrest isnâ€™t 100% necessary!Contents on page
ciao! baby Portable High Chair for Travel
The award-winning ciao! Baby Portable High Chair for Travel has a vinyl tray with a cup holder. In terms of safety, it includes an adjustable 5-point harness and a dual-lock design for good stability. It comes in eleven different colors, including black, orange, purple and pink. Do keep in mind that some colors are more expensive: the grey one, for instance, is $61.99.
Perfect for: Parents who want the easiest chair to transport.
- Itâ€™s easy to set up and carry around. You can use it until your child is 3 years old.
- The safety harness meets both the US American Society for Testing and Materials and the EU European high chair safety standards.
- It doesnâ€™t come apart, which can make the cleaning process a bit tricky
Baby Delight Go with Me Uplift Deluxe Portable High Chair
The Baby Delight Go with Me Uplift Deluxe high chair has a large tray that you can remove and that you can put in the dishwasher for cleaning. This tray includes a holder for your babyâ€™s bottle or sippy cup. Itâ€™s made of very resistant polyester that is easy to clean. It weighs 7.5 pounds and it comes in one color: grey, with blue details.
Perfect for: Parents looking for a chair thatâ€™s appropriate both for indoor and outdoor use
- It has a 5-point harness that can keep small babies safe.
- The legs have a flared system that ensures balance.
- It includes a carry bag.
- Itâ€™s the most expensive chair in our list.
- It can be a bit less comfortable for bigger babies.
Summer Infant Pop and Sit Portable Highchair
The Summer Infant Pop and Sit Portable high chair has a 3-point harness, a plastic tray, and a storage pocket. Itâ€™s made of polyester, which makes it very easy to clean. It weighs 8.6 pounds and it comes in two colors: green and blue (the last one is a bit more expensive – $49.99).
Perfect for: Parents looking for a chair that includes storage space.
- Itâ€™s lightweight and has a compact fold design: you simply pull a string thatâ€™s under the seat and the chair folds up.
- It comes with a carry bag.
- You can remove the fabric when you want to clean it.
- The tray doesnâ€™t include a cup holder.
Baby High Chair Harness
This baby high chair harness can be used on chairs that are up to 19 inches high and up to 19 inches wide. The material couldnâ€™t be more comfortable for the little one, as the chair is made of 54% cotton and 35% polyester. It weighs 8 ounces and it comes in three colors: light blue, dark blue and red.
Perfect for: Parents whose baby isnâ€™t a fan of traditional high chairs.
- Itâ€™s affordable and easy to transport.
- Itâ€™s very easy to use in restaurants.
- The belt is adjustable, so it doesnâ€™t constrain your babyâ€™s movements too much. It comes with a hand washcloth.
- If your baby tends to move a lot, this might not be the ideal choice for you.