Camping is all about getting out of your comfort zone and living in a completely different environment for a few days, weeks, or even months for the most adventurous.
But still, thereâ€™s nothing wrong with taking some camping equipment that will make your time in the woods a little bit more comfortable. And thatâ€™s exactly what a camping rocking chair will do for you.
Of course, as is the case with any other camping gear, itâ€™s important that you know which chairs are best, to ensure not only comfort but also durability and resistance.
So keep reading and learn everything you need to know about camping rocking chairs!
What Are the Most Comfortable Camping Chairs?
As we mentioned before, comfort is a big reason why people take rocking chairs on their camping trips. So, what makes a comfortable camping chair?
- Height. Weâ€™ve all sat on camping chairs that were so low, we might as well just sit on the floor. Plus, getting out of them is simply a nightmare. So, donâ€™t choose camping chairs that are too low.
- Weight. Weâ€™ll get into more detail on this in the next chapter, but what you want is a chair that isnâ€™t too heavy to carry around.
- Padding. Itâ€™s always more comfortable than just fabric and metal.
- Material. Weak material can get damaged quickly, and the whole point of the
camping chair is thrown out the window.
- Extra features. If you just need a place to sit thatâ€™s not the floor, these extra features donâ€™t really matter. But if you want the comfort of your camping chair to be elevated, there are many extras that it can include. Youâ€™ll see what weâ€™re talking about soon when we describe 5 of the best camping chairs you can buy.
- Armrests. It seems like a minor feature at first, but you really do miss a good, comfy pair of armrests when your chair doesnâ€™t have them, donâ€™t you?
How Much Does a Camping Chair Weigh?
If youâ€™re inexperienced when it comes to camping, it might seem a bit crazy to carry a chair around with you. Arenâ€™t you supposed to try and bring as little weight as you can?
Well, having too much weight on you is definitely not good for your body and itâ€™ll make moving around a lot more difficult than it needs to be. But thatâ€™s exactly why you shouldnâ€™t purchase a camping chair without checking how much it weighs.
As you can imagine, the ideal heaviness of a camping rocking chair will depend on whoâ€™s carrying it. However, rocking chairs tend to weigh somewhere between 5 and 13 pounds.
How Much Space Does a Rocking Chair Need?
When it comes to the space a rocking chair needs, there are two different situations to consider: when it is packed and when it is being used.
The packed size matters for a reason weâ€™ve mentioned before: youâ€™ll need to transport it with you when youâ€™re moving places. Having a chair thatâ€™s too big while packed will hinder your mobility.
Regarding the unpacked size, if you want to have a more versatile chair that will probably fit anywhere, itâ€™s better to go for a 1-seater. Otherwise, youâ€™ll also find camping chairs for more than one person.Contents on page
GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker Portable Folding Rocking Chair
The GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker Chair weighs 12 pounds and the seat measures 19.7 inches in height. The frame is made of powder-coated steel, which guarantees durability and strong support of up to 250 pounds. It comes in two colors: cinnamon and indigo blue.
Perfect for: Inexperienced campers.
- Itâ€™s easy and safe to fold and unfold.
- It has padded armrests and back seat, and it includes a drink holder.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The packed size could be smaller.
- It doesnâ€™t include a carry bag.
Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair with 4-Can Cooler
Like the previous one, the frame on the Coleman Portable Camping Chair is made of steel and it can support up to 325 pounds. It weighs a bit under 9 pounds. It comes in four colors: black, blue, grey and red.
Perfect for: Campers who like plenty of storage space in their chair.
- The seat and back are completely padded.
- It includes a drink holder, a side pocket and a 4-can cooler pouch. It includes a carry bag.
- The packed size could be smaller.
GCI Outdoor FirePit Rocker Portable Folding Low Rocking Chair
GCI makes its second appearance on our list with the Outdoor FirePit Rocker Chair. Like the first GCI chair we mentioned, this one supports up to 250 pounds thanks to the resistant powder-coated steel frame. It has a mesh backrest, it weighs a little over 12 pounds and it comes in one color: grey.
Perfect for: Campers who enjoy a chair on the lower side.
- The carry handle makes it easy to transport.
- It has a drink holder. It includes a lifetime warranty. It can be used on any surface.
- It doesnâ€™t offer the best back support.
PORTAL Oversized Quad Folding Camping Rocking Chair
The PORTAL Oversized Quad Camping Chair has a 23-inch wide seat and it can support up to 300 pounds, thanks to its thick-walled steel frame. It weighs 11.8 pounds and it comes in one color: black.
Perfect for: Campers who need a big chair.
- Besides a cup holder, it includes a removable side pocket.
- Itâ€™s easy to open and it comes with a carry bag.
- Itâ€™s a bit heavy to transport and the carry bag is quite tight to fit the chair.
Timber Ridge Camping Chair
Finally, the Timber Ridge Camping Chair has resistant polyester seats and a steel frame that can support up to 300 pounds. The seat is 22.5 inches wide and 22 inches high. This chair weighs 13 pounds and it comes in four different colors: black, blue, camouflage and earth.
Perfect for: Campers looking for an ergonomic chair.
- The seat is completely padded, as well as the removable armrests.
- It comes with a drink holder and a carry bag. It includes a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The placement of the cup holder could be better.